Do you want to know about the best educational documentaries? Trying to get familiar with the future of learning? Then, this is the right article for you.
In this article, we will discuss the importance of educational documentaries. Then, we will get familiar with some of the must-watch teaching documentaries in detail!
The documents that are used as an educational resource, shown in schools to pass on valuable information, are called documentaries on education.
Most of the teachers assign their students to watch documentaries for high school students and note them down on different research paper companies. This way they’ll remember what they learned for a longer period.
We will get into the educational documentaries in detail. But before that, let’s get to know the importance of a documentary about teaching.
Importance of Educational Documentaries
Documentaries are a great source of learning for students. It is found that 65% of students prefer learning through visual learning. Due to this reason, the importance of educational documentaries is growing rapidly day by day.
They can rightfully teach about a topic while maintaining a neutral viewpoint.
Now without any further delay, let’s get into some of the importance of Educational Documentaries:
- Educational value: Documentaries on education can provide all the necessary and valuable information to the learners. Moreover, it is the right way to engage students as they tend to learn more through visuals.
- Inspiring conversation: Teaching documentaries tend to stimulate different discussions, ideas, opinions, dialogue, debates and more. As there are many perspectives, some or the other might rightfully match the viewer’s perspective.
- Cross-culture sharing: Educational documentaries can bring different cultures together. Wondering how? It is an art form that bridges geographical and cultural values. It doesn’t limit the learning, you can gain information about any part of the world with ease.
- Emotional Impact: Teaching documentaries not only state and shows facts but also connect people on an emotional level. Well-made documentaries are packed with drama, emotions and all the necessary information. “The usual rules of storytelling – character arcs, theme, pacing, narrative structure, etc. – apply to documentaries just as they do to feature films.”
There are many more important educational documentaries to explore. But we listed down the top 4 important features.
Must Watch Education Documentaries on the Future of Learning
We wanted to provide you with what’s best for you. To do so, we along with our research team have researched and listed some of the best teaching documentaries.
Let’s see what’s on the list!
1. Networked Society: The Future of Learning
One of the best things about technology is that it enables people to interact, innovate and share the right information at the right time. It taps and presents some of the best minds on education and technology.
The Future of Learning aims to explore and then provide the viewers with the right information about the transformation. Every individual is capable of transformation. Moreover, it leads to explaining how can we as an individual, be part of this massive transformation.
All in all, one should know the right way to study. This documentary suggests students learn less through memorization. Rather they should creatively learn things to learn to tackle real-life problems.
2. Collaboration: On the Edge of a New Paradigm
Undertaken by Danish student Alfred Birkegaard for his PhD in Philosophy, this documentary is one of the best educational documentaries that was made after the experiment in collaboration. This talented guy travelled to the heart of Silicon Valley.
Wonder what’s next? He interviewed different pioneers to understand a detailed knowledge of individual engineering on digital communication and collaboration.
This documentary also states and explains how the use of the internet is helping people to outgrow knowledge creation, collaboration and research.
3. Education for a Sustainable Future
Education for a Sustainable Future is one of the best education documentaries that explain one of the most talked about subject matters. It explains how the current education system is not a sustainable one for learners and readers across the world.
This documentary explains that a good education system can be considered the one that enables to bring an individual’s best potentiality. It also states about certain education methods:
- Nurture and individual’s social skills
- Develop critical thinking techniques to tackle real-life problems.
- Detailed information on different kinds of practices to reinforce right from the earlier years with a positive impact.
There are tremendous challenges in the 21st-century education system. Moreover, at the end of the video, they come up with a suitable reason for how different sectors can collaborate and come together. This way, they will be able to resolve the critical challenges.
PressPausePlay is one of the must-watch education documentaries that explain to its viewers how they can get endless opportunities if they master digital media arts. We all are well-known and aware of the digital revolution.
Living in today’s times there are numerous ways to value the talents and grow them every single day. This documentary explains how creativity is changing every single day. As a result, the art and the culture are being reshaped time and again.
To provide the viewers with the right information, it features some of the most influential creators of the digital age. You can get to know everything with utmost detail.
5. Humans Need Not Apply
We are well known that our day-to-day routine work is being replaced. By what? Robots and software. This site is dreadful. Why? It is because these days the progress of technologies is replacing jobs. As a result, it is taking more job opportunities than it creates!
If this continues to grow, the result is negative. Human society will face unemployment which will eventually cause a huge societal breakdown.
Human Need Not Apply educational documentary explains how machines are replacing human rights. It also describes how machines can never replace human connection, intelligence and creativity. Humans over machines!
Make sure that you watch educational documentaries on the future of learning that have information of a wider range. Not only that but after watching a documentary you should be able to gain information from a wider audience.
All the documentaries mentioned in this article can: record, reveal, preserve, persuade, promote, analyze, interrogate and express.
Moreover, if you think we have missed out on any must-watch educational documentaries in this article feel free to share it with us in the comments section below.
We wish all our readers to best and encourage them to see the best and must-watch education documentaries on the future of learning!