‘One Night in Bhopal’ is a drama-documentary telling one of the most horrific tales in the history of mankind through five local eye-witnesses, a local police superintendent who helped to restore calm on the night and a young technician at the factory whose life was saved by an oxygen mask.
The world’s worst industrial catastrophe, that killed lakhs of people and injured anywhere from 150,000 to 600,000 people was caused due to an explosion at Union Carbide plant located at the heart of the city of Bhopal causing massive volumes of toxic gas to be released in the surrounding air.
Investigations showed that six safety measures designed to prevent a gas leak had either malfunctioned, were turned off or were otherwise inadequate. To make things worse, the safety siren, intended to alert the community should an incident occur at the plant, was turned off.
The film quite accurately gives a heart-wrenching account of the disaster.
When a person sick by flu sneezes or coughs, more than half a million virus particles can spread to those that are close to the infected person. During the World War I, incre...